Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Bene-ficial

Beer #704 Benediktiner Weissbier / Klosterbrauerei Ettal
Previously from this brewery: N/A, this beer is the first out the limo

It's a hustle day, so you get some hustle.  Today's beer was an old pour of Benediktiner, a hefeweizen from Klausterbrauerei Ettal in Germany.  In the glass, you get a hazy amber with a fluffy white head.  There are ample aromas of banana and yeast, and when you take a sip, you get an almost carbonated feel, and flavors of banana, clove, a fair amount of spice and biscuit.  Rather nice, particularly if you like hefeweizens.  And I do like them, even if I don't order them all that often.
Borrowed photo; mine lost to the sands of time.
This beer has roots that go back to a Benedictine order of monks who brewed beer; it appears they're still involved in production.  Sweet.

Thing to Think About Today:
I mentioned them in my post last night, and I'll go ahead and delight you with The Jayhawks in this space. Further proof of my fondness for country music (that is, the non-pickup truck or macro beer version, of course).  We close with Ten Little Kids.  Night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment