Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 710: Odin's Tipple

I'm just going to leave this here. 
I like Pink way more than I probably should.

But you didn't come here for the music, you came for the beer. Today's beer is HaandBryggeriet's Odin's Tipple, a dark Norse ale. This particular one is one of only 3,500 bottles in Batch 507. I'm not sure how Odin's Tipple came to be in my house, but I'm glad it did.

It poured an almost black, brown shade with a rosy and deep cocoa color head. The color on this beer's head was remarkable. It smelled of cherry, wood and cola. The flavor is bright with a lingering hoppy aftertaste. It's a combination of fruity and roast coffee. I would also say that it was one of the most challenging beers I've had since starting Blog Named Brew. There was a lot going on with the flavor and the velvety texture definitely turned it into an extended, sipping experience.

Beer stats
Style: Russian imperial stout
ABV: 11%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Good

Previously reviewed from HaandBryggeriet
Another Odin's Tipple and Farewell Ale and Nissefar 

No comments:

Post a Comment