Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Blast from the Past

Beer #701 Jever Pilsener / Friesisches Brauhaus zu Jever, Jever, Germany
Previously from this brewery: another Jever Pils

I have buried in a folder draft notes on beers I drank last year.  I had some extras stashed away as we raced to the finish line of the 366 challenge, and then moved to a review every other day model, so I never needed to dip into my supply.  I'll go ahead and break one out now, a bottle of Jever Pilsner that I drank in November.  That's November of 2012, for those keeping score at home.

It poured a crystal clear pale gold, with aromas of grain and barley.  The taste is simple and clean, with notes of grass, grain, and barley.  It's an easy drinking beer, really.  But not much there....
Pics from the past
Thing to Think About Today:
With a picture of a beer from 2012, I thought of Mitch Hedberg, a deceased comedian (unfortunately!) who one had a joke, and I'm paraphrasing, "Someone showed me a picture and said, 'here's a picture of me when I was younger.'  Isn't every picture a picture of you from when you were younger?"

And that about sums up Mitch Hedberg's sense of humor.  Watch some more, if you will.... laugh, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment