Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Galaxy of Stars

Beer #705 Galaxy White IPA / Anchorage Brewing Company, Anchorage, AL
Previously from this brewery:  Love Buzz Saison, and my 366 Challenge 'Beer of the Year' award winner, Bitter Monk

Tonight's review is a beer I purchased a while back, a bottle of Galaxy White IPA from Anchorage Brewing Company.  After the cork nearly exploded out of the bottle, this beer showed off an dark straw color with a monstrous, lingering white head.  Like being back in Belgium, only I didn't need a passport. Your nose finds a somewhat tart aroma of citrus fruit, and there are ample flavors of lemon and orange citrus and some mild earthy oak, along with a pleasing tartness (this beer is brewed with Brettanomyces).  It has a dry, peppery spice on the finish.  My brain is a bit fried, so forgive me if I'm not properly conveying just how incredibly delicious this beer tastes.  This gets a Top 25 spot, without a doubt.
The stars are out
I'm not going to say how much I paid for this case of beer, but let's say that I could have bought this case or six cases of Miller Lite 30 packs.  I chose wisely.

Thing to Think About Today:
Keeping it simple here tonight - with a beer from the galaxies, I wish you a good evening with some Across the Universe; this version of the classic Beatles song is from the soulful Rufus Wainright.

"Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box"

No comments:

Post a Comment