Breweries "Visited"

Monday, August 5, 2013

Make 'Em Say "Oud"

Day #604 Oud Bruin / Brouwerij Liefmans, Oudenaarde, Belgium
Previously from this brewery: Cuvee Brut, Goudenband, and more Goudenband

It's a Monday, and that means I'm officially out of energy to write something creative and witty tonight.  My apologies if you came for the witty, but I do hope you stay for the beer.  The witty will be back, I promise.

Tonight I'm reviewing the Oud Bruin from Liefmans, which was poured on draft and put in front of us just minutes after getting off the bike.  Showing up with light brown hue, this beer gives of aromas of oak and sour fruit.  After taking a sip, you find a welcoming caramel malt up front, with plenty of tart cherry and raspberry and dark fruits following behind.  Incredibly well done beer, and it absolutely hits the spot after a long bike ride.
Doesn't that look delicious?
I don't have much else to add, and a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a thousand words about me behind the bar in their banquet room.
Who's that handsome man?
Think to Think About Today:
Oud in Flemish translates to old, or aged in English, so tonight I close things out with some Eels and their cheerful Old S***/New S***.  No this isn't an actual video, but I really can't solve that problem for you. Just play and enjoy, and see you again soon...

"I'm tired of the old shit / let the new shit begin"

No comments:

Post a Comment