Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 600: Dupont Pils

Does it seem crazy to anyone else that we've been at this for 600 days? That sounds like a long time, but it certainly doesn't feel like a long time. What feels like forever is today--although that may be due to working on budgets for six hours today. Add that to the seven hours I spent on them yesterday and the full day of budgets tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure that adds up to 600 days of budgeting. I'm certain that I'll see columns of numbers floating by in my sleep tonight.

Instead of flashing back to all day sessions of number crunching, let's talk Belgium and beer.
Let's start with Brugge. If I ever go back (and god knows I'm ready to leave next week), we're cycling on this thing. I call dibs on the front seat!
The canals in Brugge are beautiful as is the architecture...
Also important to note: The dogs are very advanced. This one was running a market table that sold beer-themed candles and glassware. You would think not having thumbs on your paws would be a hindrance to collecting change. Evidently it's not.
This is the tomb of the Duchesse de Bourgogne, namesake of one of my all-time favorite beers.

Now for the beer.  This is the Dupont Redor Pils and it was my tasty reward on Day 5 of the Beercycling trip and it was enjoyed on the back patio of Hotel Cordoeanier prior to to going out to explore Brugge.
As you can see from the photograph, it poured a slightly hazy pale yellow with a fluffy white head. It had that distinct pils smell...sharp but a little buttery. Or at least that's what I think pils smells like. The flavor was crisp, herbal and refreshing with just a mild hop to it.
 

Interesting note about Hotel Cordoeanier in Brugge: It's a great hotel with a great bar attached, the Rose Red. It has a great beer list. Where does the name come from? Rose Red by Stephen King--a television miniseries with a story involving a cavernous Seattle mansion called Rose Red, which is investigated by parapsychologist Dr. Joyce Reardon and a team of psychics. 

I'm glad I figured that out after my stay there...

Beer stats
Style: Czech pilsner
ABV: 5%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Good

Previously reviewed from Brasserie Dupont
His review of Avec Les Bon Voeux, a holiday offering
My review of Saison Dupont

No comments:

Post a Comment