Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Omission and Prostitution

Beer #679 Omission Pale Ale / Widmer Brewing Company, Portland, OR
Previously from this brewery: It's all right there.

There's a tool on the blogger.com website that lets you see what search words people used to find your blog.  This week, someone clicked on our website by searching for "German hookers in Munich". I'm guessing that's because of Thomas Hooker Brewery and their German style beers, and I'm also guessing that person was disappointed when they read my beer review and didn't find any prostitutes.

Today's beer is another one that was left in my cooler, a bottle of Omission Pale Ale from Widmer.  A clear, pale shade of copper in the glass, this beer gives you a sweet aroma of barley.  When you take a sip, there's a mixture of malt, bread, and light citrus, with just a hint of bitterness as well. This is another beer made for those who can't tolerate gluten, but the fact of the matter this is a pretty tasty choice on it's own even for those who (like me) can't get enough gluten.  Would I go out of my way to order it?  Probably not, as I do prefer beers that are a bit more complex (read: gluten-y), but this is definitely something I'd drink again out of a cooler.
OMIT.
And extra special thanks to a loyal reader for correcting a mistake I made when reviewing the Omission Lager; these beers are not technically gluten free, as it uses barley but there's an enzyme added that removes the gluten from the beer.  If you're hyper-sensitive, sorry; you're probably still out of luck.

Thing to Think About Today:
With a pale ale in hand, you get the band Pale Young Gentlemen covering MIA's Paper Planes.  The video today is just a link, seeing how the Youtubes don't seem to want  to let me embed the video, but this is a fantastic cover.  Click here and enjoy a great song.

No comments:

Post a Comment