Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Y me?

Day #689 HopBack Amber / Troegs Brewing Company, Hershey, PA
Previously from this brewery: many beers

If there are an glaring typos today, it's because the 'y' key on my keyboard isn't working.  I mean, it's somewhat working, but I need to pound on it a bit to register a letter.  This laptop may not be long for this world, I fear.  Sigh.

The beer for today is a bottle of HopBack Amber from Troegs, which pours with a clear, bright amber color.  One thing about beers from Troegs - they're all attractive in the glass.  Hard to explain, but they are. Your nose finds aromas of caramel and some citrus, and when you drink it down there are flavors of caramel malt, lemon, bread, and some very mellow pine bitterness.  A well balanced beer, and at 6% ABV, very easy drinking.  Definitely a favorite of mine, particularly on days where I want some hop flavor, but don't want to be overwhelmed by bitterness.
Pretty, no?
Thing to Think About Today:
With HopBack in mind, I'm dropping some Baby Got Back in this space.  However, because I adore acoustic covers of rap songs, I present singer-songwriter Jonathon Coulton's version.  It's obviously awesome.  I seriously can not believe that I've never used this song in the space before; it's truly an all time great.  Hope you're all doing well and feeling good.

"Oh baby, I wanna get wit'cha / And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me / But that butt you got makes me so horny"

No comments:

Post a Comment