Breweries "Visited"

Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 678: Avery is Out of Bounds

Friday night before a bye week for Penn State football is a glorious night.I'm sleeping in until I feel like getting out of bed tomorrow. Or I'm going to go bonkers and hit a spin class and yoga to work off all the damage I've done at the previous five tailgates!



Tonight's beer is the Out of Bounds stout from Avery Brewing in Colorado. It poured a super dark brown with just a hint of light making it through the liquid around the edges. It had a thin cocoa-color head. The aroma was coffee, dark roasted malts and black pepper. The flavor was chocolate over bitter roast coffee with lots of malt. There's a good amount of hop flavor in there too. While it drank with a thin mouthfeel the taste lingered on my tongue for quite awhile.

Beer stats
Style: Stout
ABV: 6.3%
IBUs: 51
Rating: Great

Previously reviewed from Avery
The Maharaja and fun with typos
Hog Heaven (dry hopped barleywine) and butt sniffing, I kid you not

No comments:

Post a Comment