Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 635: Russian River Consecration

One of the things that I love about living within a clear evening's earshot of a high school is those magical moments when I can hear the marching band practicing. This experience is mostly reserved for late August evenings or the rare Friday night that I'm not on my very own football sojourn to Penn  State. There's something inherently small town about it. It's calming. It makes me feel part of something real. And, man, do I need that right now.
Tonight's beer is Russian River's Consecration ale--a sour ale aged in cabernet barrels. It pours a warm, hazy brown color with a thin off-white head. It smells of dark fruits, very ripe cherries and fruity esters. The flavor is woody and chocolate with sour cherries and dark currants floating in it. There's lots of red wine tannins in there as well. Consecration is just the right level of tart and drinks with a great smoothness ending with a solid sour bite. 

Beer stats
Style: Sour ale
ABV: 10%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Excellent.

Previously reviewed from Russian River
Prepare yourself, it's a long list!
My sampler reviewhorizontal tasting of Supplication
Mr. Blog's sampler reviewConsecration and Damnation; followed by a Captain Ahab-esque search for Pliny the Younger but not Pliny the Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment