Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 647: Fantome Dark White and Spooooooky

Somewhere along the road of blogging about all this craft beer, I noted my great fear and general hatred of clowns. I've always been a little creeped out by them and their ghostly pale faces, overly jovial smiles and the slightly murderous glint in their eyes, but I was pushed over the edge by Stephen King's best-seller It. Pennywise is pure evil. To this day I cannot walk across a sewer grate without fear of looking down into the devilish eyes of a homicidal clown.

Imagine my reaction when I read there's a lunatic in Northampton, England dressed as a clown just creeping around scaring adults and children alike. (Story here).
Terrifying clown pointing at a cameraman? Hell no. Photo courtesy of 9News
I'd be packed up and moved to a foreign country so fast, it would melt that awful paint right off his face. Clowns. Ugh.

Let's talk about something that doesn't want to make me scream and curl up in the fetal position.
This is the Fantome Dark White, a Belgian ale brewed with spices. It poured a hazy reddish brown ale iwth an off-white head. It smells of Belgian candi sugar, raisins and toast. The flavor is grainy, earthy, fruity. There's an underlying tartness with a nice dry finish. The spices are quite notable with white pepper being most dominant.

Beer stats
Style: Saison
ABV: 4%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Excellent

Previously reviewed from Fantome
Printemps, a saison, and more on that saison

No comments:

Post a Comment