Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Don't Call It a Comeback!

Caldera IPA / Caldera Brewing Company, Ashland, OR
Previously from this brewery: Lawnmower Lager

...and on the 367th day, instead of resting I wrote another blog post.  In our new plan to continue posting on alternating days, I drew the first watch.  I've also been tallying the final votes, and starting with my post on Thursday I'll be running down the best and worst of the past year.  Yes, I'm handing out 'Worst Of' awards, because I didn't grow up in the generation where every kid got a trophy just for showing up.  Back in the day, you got a trophy for winning.  Don't worry, losing builds character, so I'm actually helping the 'Worst Of' candidates, when you think about it.  I'm good like that!

First beer up in the new era is the Caldera IPA from Caldera Brewing Company.  Despite what my acid trip-esque photo shows below, this beer has a clear dark copper color, with a lingering white head.  There is a pleasant grapefruit aroma, and the taste is light, with pine and lemon, and a moderate bitterness that builds and increases in the finish.  Really nice IPA, and well worth your effort.
In a year of posting, this might be the
worst camera phone picture yet
Caldera started up their operations in 1996, with their first beers going on sale in 1997.  They have also been canning their beers since 2005, because who doesn't like it in the can?

Thing to Think About Today:
Back in the saddle as Blog Named Brew marches into Year Two.  The first year was a big party, and there's no reason to think the next one (or more) won't be a giant celebration as well.  Therefore, to keep the party rolling and highlight Year Two, I'm letting MC Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock kick off the next phase of our journey with the classic It Takes Two.  Thanks for sticking with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment