Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Waiting....

Day #385 Woodicus / Freetail Brewing Company, San Antonio, TX
Previously from this brewery: None / New brewery

Today is a hustle day, so I'm keeping this short.  Well, I probably could spend a bit more time spinning colorful yarns, seeing how my flight is already 30 minutes delayed and I don't need to get on a plane for another five hours.  Great, should be a fun day spent sitting in airports.

A quick swing through south Texas isn't complete without a visit to the Freetail Brewing Company in San Antonio.  While there, my first beer up was a glass of Woodicus, a seasonal wild ale.  In the glass, you see a hazy golden amber color with a wispy head.  You find a tart, citrus aroma when you inhale, and when you take a sip you get a ton of tart and sour, with some funk that lingers.  There's a good bit of citrus in here (lemon), along with some oak.  Very well done beer, and I'm always glad to see more wild ales on draft, as they tend to be delicious.
Wood makes it good.
Pro tip: when you're there, try the brisket cheesesteak.  As a resident of the Philadelphia area, I laugh and feel bad when restaurants across the country put a "Philly steak" on their menu.  However, when you use brisket and queso, you get a free pass.  Delicious.

Thing to Think About Today:
I'm going to spend my day stuck in airports, sitting around waiting to get home.  As I sit and wait and wish, I'll let Jack Johnson wrap things up for today.  Keep your fingers crossed, peoples.

No comments:

Post a Comment