Breweries "Visited"

Monday, December 3, 2012

Numbers and Songs

Beer # 359 Prometheus / Elysian Brewing Company, Seattle, WA
Beers to go: 7

Watched a movie last night, and now I have a song stuck in my head.  Ordinarily not a problem, because between Google, iTunes, and a hundred shady websites that post, um, "borrowed" mp3 files, one should be able to listen to identify, download, and then play said song on repeat until something else gets stuck.  Easy, right?

Yeah, except for the fact the soundtrack for this movie doesn't exist, and 30 minutes of furious searching turned up very little other than people posting, "Gee, I wish they'd release this song so I could download it" on movie and music websites.  So, on the off chance that any of you have crazy connections to the record industry and can lay your hands on a production copy of this song, I'm looking for Closing Time by Feist, which is a cover of a Leonard Cohen song.

It was playing during a scene in the film Take This Waltz, which stars Michelle Williams, Seth Rogen, and Sarah Silverman and explores marriage, decisions, happiness, and other emotional things.  Pro?  Michelle Williams completely naked (and didn't I just write about how Michelle Williams was no slouch in the looks department?  Why yes I did!) on numerous occasions.  Con?  It's actually not a very good movie, unless you really love Seth Rogen trying (failing) to be a serious dramatic actor or you enjoy overly emotional drama.

So, I still have this very interesting cover of a cool old song stuck in my head, but I'm left with this very poor quality mp3 (same as this video, with some movie dialogue they couldn't strip away) for my listening pleasure.  Crud.  Check it out, at least you get a sense of what this is supposed to be....


Best to wash away this failure of my song searching with some beer, and tonight I'm going with a big bottle of Prometheus, an IPA from Elysian Brewing in Seattle.  It pours with a clear copper color with a lingering white head.  Fantastic aroma of pine and citrus.  You get the taste of hops immediately, with plenty of grapefruit and pine.  There is a good amount of caramel malt in there to balance things out, and you get a wonderful, dry, bitter finish.  This beer is part of their Manic IPA series, which allows them to, "indulge in our hop obsession."  Works for me!  All IPA fans should search this one out.
This chick is on FIRE
Elysian opened for business in 1995, and they now have a number of locations throughout the Seattle area.  They also do frequent collaborations with New Belgium Brewing, another favorite of mine.

Thing to Think About Today:
While I continue to search away for a quality copy of the song running through my head, let's give credit to Leslie Feist and let her close things out.  And because I'm just an overstuffed child, let's finish up with a unique take on her soulful 1,2,3,4.... performed with the Sesame Street crew.  What?  Yeah, I went there.  Teach your children to appreciate good music, people.  Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment