Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Beer 362: Top 25 Recap and St. Sebastian Dark

With just five beer reviews to go, I figured it was time to revisit my Top 25. OK, so right now it's starting off as a Top 48.  Whatever. Let's see what has made the cut.  


Oh hell. I've been editing that list for 25 minutes now and am just going to live with a Top 30.  So there. Previous contenders for Top 25: 

Three Floyds Gumball Head (pale wheat ale)
Oskar Blues Gubna (imperial IPA)
LoverBeer Madamin (sour) I admited it tasted a bit watery compared to other sours
Delirium Tremens  Making more room...
St. Somewhere Saison Athene Off the list...the review wasn't as enthusiastic as others.
Saison Dupont   I've had more unique saisons.
Schneider Weisse Mein Grunes (saison)  Something else had to go.

Tonight's beer, which is good but not Top 30 material, is the St. Sebastian Dark from Brouwerij Sterkens in Belgium.  It's a dubbel with a 6.2% ABV.  It poured a very dark brown with a big fluffy tan head.  It smells like malt. The flavor is mild...cola and malt.  It has a rich mouthfeel with slightly prickly carbonation. There's light fruit in there too. I find it interesting that as I near the end of year one, one of the final beers of the blog was in the same style as the first blog beer.  I loved that beer then and I still love it.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment