Breweries "Visited"

Monday, August 6, 2012

Beer 240: Aspall Perronelle's Blush

Having a name like mine leads to many, many mispronunciations. The most common is over-Italianizing it. Lately opentable.com has renamed me Marc. Odd but I go with it. Usually people don't willingly offer up a mispronunciation of their own name, but that's exactly what I did a few years ago. I was ordering a gift certificate and the gentleman asked for my name as it appeared on my credit card. I gave him my full name...he pauses. I suppose he was trying to figure out the spelling. His next question was, "Like the wine?". I don't know where my brain was at the time, but I figured sure like the wine. There had to be an Italian vineyard somewhere named Marcella, right?

Fast forward to this morning when I picked up a call at work. It was my dentist's office auto reminder calling about tomorrow's appointment for Marsala. Yup, just like the wine. You should always start the day with hysterical laughter. It makes the rest of the day so much better.

It's been a good day and I'm in the mood for something fun and fruity. I think the Perronelle's Blush from Aspall fits the bill nicely. Plus it's from England so I get the Olympic tie in as well.

Aspall has been brewing ciders for eight generations. Trust me. They definitely know what they're doing. Perronelle's Blush is an English draft cider blended with a dash of blackberry juice.


It's the perfect blend of sweet and tart. It's crisp apple with some wine-like characteristics. It pours a beautiful clear claret and is rather still in the glass. The aroma is very reminiscent of a good rosé. This is probably one of the best ciders I've had on this adventure. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment