Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Beer 263: Nonsequitor. Winnie the Pooh. Ass Kisser



















“What day is it?"
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh.


Have you ever read A.A. Milne quotes? Especially from Winnie the Pooh? They are remarkably inspirational. I read this one weeks ago and it's been my focus ever since.

Now prepare yourself for a rough transition because I'm switching gears from lovable childhood character to a brewery named Ass Kisser Ales.


I'm drinking the Tight Ass -- a hefeweizen with an ABV of 5.8%. It's brewed in San Jose, California and purports itself to be a clean style wheat beer that has a sense of style of its own. It goes on to claim that it provides clove and citrus aromas with a clean and spicy finish and will push the pain of the day away.

Ok.

It poured a cloudy straw color with a lumpy white head. My advice is if something is in a style, don't mess with that style. There's probably a reason it's a style and the odds of you improving it are pretty slim. If only I met this beer when it was an idea. The addition of Canadian barley doesn't help. This is a weak example of the style.

My summary: smells of wheat and tastes like grass. I don't taste cloves or any spices other than pepper. I'm having a hard time finding the citrus as well. On a positive note, it looked really good in the glass. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment