Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Beer 256: Guineu Riner and Kitten Mittens

Confession time: I hate promoted tweets on Twitter.  For whatever reason...mostly because I'm a child...I started replying to them with a quote from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  It's inappropriate and immature and eventually I imagine someone will get wise to me and I'll get banned from Twitter.  Can that happen?

Anyway imagine my delight when I got this reply earlier today:


Holy hell, someone has a sense of humor! So as I sit here giggling, I also do so with the knowledge that there are other lunatics out there with access to Twitter.  Thanks Ring Central Care. I needed that laugh!

***

Today's beer comes to me via Barcelona, Spain and TJ's in Paoli (PA).  Brewed by Ca L'Arenys, the Guineu Riner is a pale ale weighing in at a very respectable 2.8% ABV. Yes, that ABV is correct.  Despite the very low alcohol content, this beer packs a lot of flavor.  It pours a bright gold color with a full white head.  It has a very hop forward aroma.  The flavor is very perfumed, very strong on hops.  There are citrus pith notes along with bitter grass.  I also noticed some white grape underlying it all.

The brewers calls it a half pale ale.  I call it delicious.  It has a distinct tartness but is also incredibly smooth.  Like TJ's tweeted today, get it before it's gone!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment