Breweries "Visited"

Friday, August 17, 2012

Beer 251: A Song and a Kissmeyer

I sat at my desk this morning typing away and fantasizing about tomorrow's Sourfest at Devil's Den when I heard someone shout, "Say cheese!"  A chorus of tiny voices yelled cheese but it escalated quickly into screaming at which point I thought, "Seriously. There is no need for that much screaming when taking a photo." What will their angelic little faces look like? (Screaming devils would be my best guess.)

But as quickly as the cheese screaming began, it subsided into a lovely rendition of I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee.  Some lyrics if you will: 

     I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee,
     Won't my mommy be so proud of me,
     I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee,
     Won't my mommy be so proud of me!
     Ouch! It stung me! (Spoken)

     I'm squishing up the baby bumblebee,
     Won't my mommy be so proud of me,
     I'm squishing up the baby bumblebee,
     Won't my mommy be so proud of me!
     Ooh! It's yucky! (Spoken)

     I'm wiping off the baby bumblebee,
     Won't my mommy be so proud of me,
     I'm wiping off the baby bumblebee,
     Now my mommy won't be mad at me!


What I didn't realize is that the lyrics go on for a few more verses ending with this child bringing home a baby dinosaur (where does this kid live???), who ends up eating him. Violent, no?

In case you were wondering, yes I did sing that damn song all day.  I may have even reenacted some of the dance moves that go with it.  And on that note, I really wish I had a honey based beer for tonight's review.

Instead I give you the Kissmeyer Pilnzer from Denmark.  It's very easy to drink at 5.%5 ABV.  It poured a light straw color with a thin wispy head.  It smells like an undetermined preserved fruit. The flavor is fig, honey and coins. Both Gary and I thought there was some metallic notes in the flavor.  He claimed general metal but I thought coins was a more apt description.  As it warmed, I noticed more and more lemon tartness. All in all, a very unusual pilsner but quite tasty.

That's all for now. I'm off to squish up a baby bumblebee!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment