Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Beer 252: de Halve Maan Tripel

My good friend Kelli won the weekend at 8:20 a.m. for the funniest comment:

So if you get dressed for a wedding at dawn, then stop for gas and breakfast, everyone thinks you're on a walk of shame.

Now while I continue to chuckle at her misadventures, I'll leave you with today's beer review.


The Straffe Hendrick tripel from de Halve Maan in the heart of Bruges, Belgium. Also a place that I'll be visiting in less than ten months!

The tripel poured a light chestnut color and had a hazy, dense look. It also had a bright white, thin head. It smells of plums and fruity sugar. The taste is well balanced. You notice the warmth from the ABV right away. (9%) The flavor is Belgian yeast, candi sugar, biscuits and some fruit. It also has a prickly level of carbonation.

I'd call this a good tripel but definitely not the best one I've ever had. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment