Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beer 257: Invercargill Boysenberry and the Wall

I hit the wall at about 4:15pm today and I'm not sure how I'm going to pull it together and make it through another day tomorrow. I knew it was all over for the day when I shouted, "I wield all the power!"  At least I have friends, beer and barbecue waiting for me on Saturday as a reward for acting like a productive member of society on Friday.

I write about beer and friends this Saturday as if that's not how I would have described last Saturday or the Sunday before that.  I have a lifestyle.  It revolves around beer.

I have two more reviews left from last weekend's beer bonanza but one of them is being saved for a special occasion in November.  (Hopefully you'll have stuck with me for that payoff!)  I discovered the Invercargill Brewery's Pitch Black Boysenberry Stout thanks to The Farmer's Cabinet.  It's brewed in New Zealand with a 6.5% ABV and great fruit flavor, this beer was very easy to drink. It poured a red-tinged chocolate brown color with a slightly pink head. At least I thought I saw pink under the candlelight of The Farmer's Cabinet.  It smelled like figs, but the flavor was red berries, chocolate and roasted coffee.  It's flavorful but dry.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment