Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Beer 264: Gaffel Kolsch and a Good Day

Ever have one of those days where you just get shit done? That was me...or I should say is me today. The productivity continues into the evening hours. Dinner is on the table. A new beer is in my glass. I have ideas for this weekend's posts. Two loads of laundry are done. I hung a bulletin board.

Although I just realized the guys haven't been fed. A clue should have been this...


















...chasing me every time I moved. Sorry, guys! (He has a tail. It was just wagging too fast for the camera!)

Onto the beer! It's the Gaffel Kolsch from Privatbrauerei Gaffel Becker and Company. That's in Germany if you couldn't guess from the name. This kolsch has an ABV of 4.8%...making it very drinkable. I'm a big fan of the kolsch style, but this one isn't doing it for me.


It poured a bright clear gold with very little head. It smells a little skunk-like. Did I get a bad bottle? It has a nice full mouthfeel but a very bitter taste. Again did my bottle turn? I'm not loving this one.

After writing this, I went to read other reviews. I really think I got a bad bottle. The other reviews note honey, floral hops, grass. Hmmm....I need to start a list of beers to revisit. This may be one of the first.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment