Breweries "Visited"

Friday, August 3, 2012

Beer 237: Jester King and the (creepy) Le Petit Prince

The human body was not designed to work in an office that is 76 degrees.  That kind of heat melts contact lenses and deflates one's will to live. It is basically impossible to discuss budgets, math skills are negated and excessive giggling occurs.  That is all.

Last night I discovered a new brewery -- Jester King Craft Brewery.  It's located in Texas Hill Country and somehow managed to find its way to the suburbs of Philadelphia.  Yea for me!  The only other thing I know about Texas Hill Country is that it's the home of The Bloggess -- hands down one of the funniest writers I've found on the Internet.  Irreverent doesn't begin to describe her humor.  I love her.

But back to the beer. The label for Le Petit Prince may take the prize for creepiest label ever (followed closely by this one) but don't let that deter you. This is quite the tasty beer.

It first caught my eye at TJ's Everyday because of its listed ABV...a whopping 2.9%!  It is an organic farmhouse table beer and table beers seem to be one of my favorite beers lately. 

It poured a hazy straw color with a fluffy white head.  It left lots of lacing as I drank it.  The smell was very light - just a bit of farmhouse ale spiciness.  The taste had the expected pepper and an unexpected salinity...very light but definitely provided a uniqueness to the beer.  Le Petit Prince is light and refreshing and very, very easy to drink.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment