Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

You Suck, France.

Beer #249 Girardin Gueuze 1882 / Brouwerij Girardin, Dilbeek St Ulricks Kapelle, Belgium

I enjoyed a most interesting morning, as I received a call from Chase regarding potential fraudulent charges on my credit card.  Why, no... in fact I am NOT in France trying my credit card at multiple gas stations. Sacrebleu, mon ami!  Kudos to Chase for being on top of that nonsense, and suck a bag of dicks to whoever tried to clone my card and purchase petrol.

To celebrate that adventure, I'll need a beer!  Tonight's offering is the Girardin Gueuze 1882, from Brouwerij Girardin.  This beer has a bright apricot color, with a white lingering head.  The aroma is tart and funky, and the flavor is dry and very tart, with citrus, green apple, yeast, and an earthy funk.  If you're into sour beers, this one is one you'll want to sample.  Very well done, very enjoyable.  Marci's take on this gueuze can be found here.  Wonder if you can buy this one at random gas stations in France?


This brewery doesn't seem to have a website, so I can't tell you many interesting stories.  From a beer importer's site (linked above), this brewery was founded in 1845, and has been in the Girardin family since back in 1882.

Thing to Think About Today:
So.... France.  Not happy with you today.  You know what would make me happy?  Someone covering She Wolf by Shakira.  Particularly when the cover is by.... wait for it... Chester French.  See what I did there?  Yeah, I went there.  Chester French, let's get out of here:


France.  Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment