Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Beer 260: Raven Special Lager

I've had a headache for two days. My legs were useless on my ride today. Instead of enjoying this glorious Sunday, I'm hiding in the dark. Today is decidedly not Sunday Funday.

I'm dipping into my reserve of reviews and giving you my thoughts on Baltimore Washington Beer Works Raven Special Lager. Check out this beer's story at the brewer's website. Who knew a beer with all those Baltimore references actually started in Germany! (Not included in this photo is a shot of the cap which had an image of Edgar Allan Poe.)


Raven Special Lager is billed as a Euro pale lager. It poured a deep golden straw color with a bubbly white head. It smells like beer which is what I write every time I smell a lager. It has a thin mouthfeel. The flavor is lemony hops and malt. Well balanced. It does seem a bit watery but I think it's still a good beer. And at 5.5% ABV, it's a solid tailgate candidate.

Of course, I couldn't let a post referencing Baltimore go by without a Wire mention. Yo, Omar's coming. And I'm going to get myself a beer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment