Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beer 249: Cusquena Cerveza Premium

Today is Julia Child's birthday.  I remember watching her show on PBS with my Mom and thinking I want a cooking show.  To this day when I'm baking, I like to premeasure all the ingredients as if a camera crew is going to randomly show up in my kitchen to film my culinary efforts. 

I can remember perfectly the first time I saw her kitchen exhibit at the Smithsonian.  There's a really cool online tour of it here for those of you who aren't using iPads to read this post.  If you're like me and held hostage by the Apple/Adobe war, check it out here.  I'll admit I was fascinated by the 2009 film Julie & Julia.  Meryl Streep was amazing in her portrayal of Julia.  And there was definitely a little influence on my decision to start blogging after I read one of the books that was adapted for that movie -- the memoir of Julie Powell as she tackled all 560 or so recipes in Mastering the Art of French Cooking.  So what if it took nearly four years to kick in...


Happy birthday, Julia!

***

Today's beer has nothing to do with Julia Child. It's from Peru. Cerveza Premium. Muy premium. Caliente! Ok, I'm done sharing what little Spanish I remember from high school. The Cusquena smells like a lager, which is good because it is a lager. Lots of malt in the nose. It poured a pale amber color with a quick-to-disappear head. It's hoppier than I imagined it would be but there is a strong malt to it. There are also hints of grain. Honestly it reminds me of a slightly watered down Yuengling lager.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment