Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, August 26, 2012

College Week is Here!

Beer #260 Straffe Hendrick Brugse Tripel 9° / Huisbrouwerij de Halve Maan, Brugge, Belgium

I'm multi-tasking tonight, as I'm in the midst of writing a post and participating in a fantasy football draft.  Fantasy football is a great way to stay engaged with games I'd otherwise not pay attention to, but really it's an opportunity for a group of fraternity brothers make fun of each other.  Non-stop.  This being said, I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.  Appropriate, I'm spending the evening (virtually speaking) with college friends, as students were returning back to campus all over the country this weekend.  The fall semester is upon us, people.  This time of year always makes me nostalgic, and I'm eagerly looking forward to getting back on campus this Saturday.

Tonight's draft is being washed down some Straffe Hendrick, from de Halve Maan.  It pours with an amber color and fluffy white head, and gives off aromas of fruit and yeast, with some sweetness.  When you take a sip, you're greeted with apples, sweet malt, caramel, and honey.  Really nice Belgian beer, and I think this brewery is one we might visit on our bicycle tour of Belgium next summer.

Don't draft a kicker too soon!
This brewery dates back to 1856.  It feels like my fantasy football draft started around the same time.

Thing to Think About Today:
All this week, I'll be running down the top seven movies about college.  I'm not going to lie - many of these formed the expectations for how college life would be during my formative years.  Okay, so real life didn't always live up to these expectations... but sometimes it did, and it was glorious.

We'll start off the week with Back to School, starring the legendary Rodney Dangerfield.  Dangerfield plays Thornton Mellon, a rough around the edges businessman who never went to college, but decides to enroll when his son has questions about whether to attend college or not.  Dangerfield immediately becomes Big Man on Campus, throwing huge parties and even joining the diving team long enough to drop his patented 'Triple Lindy' on the fans.  But what happens when he actually has to.... learn?  Regardless of whether you've seen this one before or if it's new to you, please make it a point to check this one out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment