Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Beer 169: Revolution Cider and a Cure for a Case of the Mondays

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to avoid a case of the Mondays...long weekend and no work on Monday! It is so Sunday Funday in our household.

- 15 mile bike ride
- Blueberry pancakes
- Shopping for some vacation clothes
- Live music and BBQ at a local winery (I'm an equal opportunity imbiber!)

Who knows what else is in store for us today -- all I know is that I'm relaxed and happy and I need that!

To celebrate I found a local cider to try out! As much as I enjoy craft beer, I also love fruit-forward brewed beverages...lambics, ciders, shandies.


This one caught my eye thanks to its off-kilter label. Revolution Cider is brewed right here in Philadelphia. I don't know how I've managed to only encounter it now. It pours a very hazy pale straw color. The carbonation is outrageous...to the point I felt compelled to take the following video of it.

YouTube Video

It's still going strong well after pouring it! The flavor of this cider is perfect. Tart, crisp apples. No cloying sweetness here. (Yes, I'm talking to you, Doc's Cider.) There is even just a hint of earthy funk to it that I absolutely love.

But do I give it a top 25? For now, yes...yes I do! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment