Breweries "Visited"

Friday, May 25, 2012

Gettin' Down on Friday

Beer #167 White Ale / Williamsburg AleWerks, Williamsburg, VA

And we come to the end of the week, at long last.  I'm mildly embarrassed by how little work I did today, but sometimes you need a day like that on the schedule.  Good for the soul.  I did book the last hotel rooms for our upcoming West Coast beer/oyster/beer/fish tacos/wine/beer vacation.  I guess I did some "work" after all!

The beer to kick off the holiday weekend is the White Ale from Williamsburg AleWerks.  In the glass, you get a clear pale gold, with a barely there white head.  The aroma is very light, but you get a hint of fruit.  When you drink it, you get a spicy note, along with wheat and grass.  Finishes very dry.  While the spice gave it some character, this wasn't the best witbier I've ever come across.



In business since 2006, this brewery claims to be the only craft brewery in Williamsburg.  Craft brewery, as opposed to that other guy who brews in Williamsburg.  Enough typing and words, as the sun is shining and it's time to unwind.  I also just remembered that Teresa's added some outdoor seating.  To the bar!

Thing to Think About Today:
It's Friday, and quite frankly I don't need to say much more than that.  However, I'll let Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, and the Roots (plus some special guests) tell you a bit more about Friday (skip ahead 40 seconds.  Just do it):


Enjoy the weekend, my friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment