Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Beer 165: A Hooker, a Blonde and a Style Icon

I recently read a quote by Florence Welch (Florence and the Machine) in which she said, "My face isn't right for them" in reference to casual, street clothes. For those who don't know, Florence is renowned for her avant garde clothes choices. No pattern is too wild. No cut too bizarre. I adore her.

I've secretly felt the same way about regular clothes. Not for me. I'd much prefer to be dressed to the nines. Only when I'm waxing poetic in my closet about my sartorial choices, no one is around to validate me. Thanks, Florence. You totally helped me feel my own normal.

***

So we covered my style icon...now on to the Hooker and blonde. (Watch what I'm about to do!)

Hooker Blonde Ale poured a deep straw color with little to no head. It isn't clear at all and kind of looks unfiltered. The smell was grains and citrus with floral notes. The taste was sweet with a hopped finish. It's a very drinkable 5.1% ABV. I'm just not sure if I want to drink it.



I'm also slightly confused because the bottle calls it a blonde ale but their website refers to it as a cream ale. Whatevs. Another one knocked off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment