Breweries "Visited"

Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm Wearing... Fur Pajamas

Beer #156 La Moneuse / Brasserie de Blaugies, Blaugies, Belgium

Important news of the day:  It's David Byrne's birthday.  Now I just need him to go back on tour this year.  I mean, I could ask for the Talking Heads to reunite, but that seems unlikely, so I'll just keep my requests easy.

Important thing I should remember:  After playing basketball, don't go shopping in the grocery store next to your office, where you're likely to run into no less than ten people you work with.  People who you work with, who may wonder why I'm completely sweaty and why I (I'm sure) smell awful.

With those items out of the way, it's on to today's beer, a saison from Brasserie de Blaugies.  In the glass, it shows off a hazy apricot color, with a thick, persistent white head.  You get aromas of wheat and malt, and flavors of orange, hops, apple, sweet malt, with a nice spice. At 8% ABV, this beer packs some punch.  Very nice offering, and I'll definitely add this to the roster for the summer.

Photogenic, and tasty!
de Blaugies has been brewing beer since 1988, and this beer is named for Antoine Joseph Moneuse, a legendary bandit who would hold his victim's feet in a fire until they gave up the location of their hidden money.  The brewers trace their lineage back to Moneuse, and named this beer after him.  An image of Moneuse in a coonskin cap adorns the bottle.

Thing to Think About Today:
In honor of David Byrne, and because we were just catching up on some episodes of Treme, which stars John Goodman (who stars in this video), let's have the Talking Heads take us home with Wild Wild Life.  This song came out when I was 11 or 12, and the video made me want to own Goodman's orange sport coat.  There's still time...


"Check out Mr. Businessman/He bought some wild, wild life."




No comments:

Post a Comment