Breweries "Visited"

Friday, May 11, 2012

The Video You Should Have Watched Last Night

Beer #153 Pater Dubbel Ale / Brouwerij Corsendonk, Oud-Turnhout, Belgium

It's been a long week for many of us, and I certainly don't need to bother you with any of the boring details.  I will say it ended on a high note, as I managed to escape the dungeon a bit early and head to a happy hour in honor of a co-worker and friend moving to a new position in a new department.  I'm lucky in the sense I get to work with great people - it makes going to work much, much easier.  I now work with one less great person, but our company has the habit of bringing things full circle, so I'm sure we'll run into each other again.  I do worry that the work happy hour is starting to stretch far beyond the typical "happy hours" and is moving into the evening hours.  Hopefully I at least get to hear the stories - occasionally, being in charge isn't great when it comes to hearing the stories.

What is great, is beer.  Specifically, tonight's beer is the Dubbel from Brouwerij Corsendonk.  It pours a dark brown in the glass with a thin white head.  When you take the scent in, you get aromas of malt, dark fruits, and chocolate.  The taste is quite nice - a balance of malt, spice, stone fruits, a hint of smoke, and a sweet chocolate finish.  Not a beer I'd drink every day, but certainly a very tasty Belgian double.  If you find it, drink it.


As best I can put it together, Corsendonk is a brand name that references a religious order that dated back to 1398 and brewed beers until 1784.  It doesn't appear they still have a bricks & mortar brewery, but instead it seems to be brewed at Brasserie Du Bocq through a contract brewing relationship.  I think.  If you know more about this, feel free to correct me.

Thing to Think About Today:
Last night, I blogged about Cisco Brewers.  Cisco, you say?  After sleeping on it, I realized if I was drinking a Cisco, I should have thrown in a reference to early 00's rapper Sisqo, not the Dead Milkmen.  But don't fret - we're talking about (Corsen) Donk tonight, so I think the Thong Song still makes a tremendous amount of sense.  If you don't get the donk reference, you may be too old to read this blog.  And so, let's close out our Friday in grand style:


Does anyone know what Sisqo is doing these days?  I mean, is he working at a telemarketing job with his hair dyed silver?  If you know the answer or have seen him lately, please let me know.  I worry about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment