Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Good Weekend? Oh, Indeed....

Beer #169 Daddy Fat Stacks / Roy Pitz Brewing Company, Chambersburg, PA

Couldn't be happier with how today turned out.  Managed to get a good ride on the bike, spent a few hours drinking and listening to music at Chaddsford Winery, went to the dog park with the hounds, and walked to our local ice cream parlor for dessert.  I may be a simple man, but today was near perfect.  And I get one more day off tomorrow?  Oh, INDEED.

Thanks, Omar.  I'll take it from here.

The beer for today is the Daddy Fat Stacks from Roy Pitz Brewery, which calls Chambersburg home.  This one came on draft at Paramour, and I continue to be impressed with their efforts to get some interesting and unusual brews on their beer list.  This particular draft shows off a deep amber color, with a fluffy head that dissipates.  Your nose picks up the aroma of malt, and when you drink it, you get flavors of malt up front, with toffee and caramel in the middle, with a hop bitterness on the finish.  Very dry, this beer grew on me as I worked my way through the glass.  Definitely more malt than I would expect from an IPA, but the balance of malt sweetness and hop bitterness works well here.



This brewery has been in operation since 2008, and from a quick glance at their website, their distribution network looks to be strictly within Pennsylvania.  However, I expect you'll start to see them expand their markets soon enough.  Neither of the two brewers are named "Roy" or "Pitz", so your guess is as good as mine regarding the origin of the brewery name.  Maybe if we ask nicely, they'll tell us the story.

Thing to Think About Today:
If yesterday's closing thought was about a wish for a crazy summer, let's keep the theme going one more day.  What's crazier than the fact that LFO (remember them?) actually managed to have a one-hit wonder back in the 90's?  Let's close out Sunday afternoon with their *cough* hit single, Summer Girls:




"I like girls who wear Abercrombie & Fitch"

Seriously, these guys managed 15 minutes of fame with hard hitting lyrics like that?  Where's my record deal?



No comments:

Post a Comment