Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beer 171: White Birch Brewing Belgian Style Pale Ale

I'm writing this at about 7:20pm and it looks like closer to 9:00pm thanks to an impending thunderstorm. So rather than waxing poetic here, I'll be doing my own storm watch and monitoring the storm's progress.

Tonight's beer is a Belgian style pale ale from White Birch Brewing in New Hampshire. It's one of their flagship beers.


It poured a hazy apricot color, full white head, little lacing. It smells fresh. Seriously. Like a perfect spring day. (And, no, I'm not drunk already. Thank you very much.) There's also fruit in the nose. The flavor is lightly spicy and definitely has pear notes. There's a nice round malt to it and it finishes crisp. Very refreshing.

Oddly the description states that the name of the beer doesn't mean the style, it's more reflective of the look of the beer. I find that slightly odd but whatever. Overall this is a very enjoyable beer but at 8.2% ABV, it may be a little too easy to enjoy!

I'm eager to find more of their offerings. It sounds like they do a lot of with wild ales and that's pretty much beer heaven for me.

Cheers! I'm off to the Internetz!

No comments:

Post a Comment