Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Beer 166: Hoppin' Frog Turbo Frog

Bag of dicks! That pretty sums up how my day went. I spent 10 minutes at my desk, walked out for the first of four meetings at 8:55am and didn't get back until 4pm, then worked like a dog for 2 hours. I've been reduced to a whiny, cranky mess. Like I said...bag of dicks!

Thankfully I have a fridge full of good beer and a summer shandy that was created for a funky humid day like today. The Hoppin' Frog Turbo Shandy poured a mellow straw color, lots of carbonation and zero head.



It tastes like an Orangina and a light lager had a baby and named it Turbo Shandy. The nose is light malt and citrus and those notes carry through to the flavor. This shandy is light and flavorful...lots of citrus ( I taste mostly orange) and smooth malt. There is also a noticeable spice. It weighs in at 7% ABV.

While beeradvocate.com wasn't slinging glowing praise for it, I certainly think it is delicious. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment