Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Beer 173: Organic Real Ale




What is with the label on this beer??? It's like they don't want me to consider buying it with that bizarre drawing on the label! A little online research proved that there are non-creep bottles, which leads to the question of why would you add the creep?!?

Anyway the Laverstoke Park Farm real ale is certified organic and weighs in at 5% ABV. It pours a brown tinged amber color with minimal head. It smells of beer - no distinct scents.

It tastes like beer. Beer I could get anywhere. Beer that I'm not going to remember. It is a bit too watery for me. It definitely has a light caramel sweetness from the crystal malt -- the label told me so and I'm affirming that statement. I'm also noticing honey.

I guess if this beer was free, it would be fine. But it wasn't and it's not.

Ah well...you win some and lose some when you're trying this much new beer! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment