Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Beer 164: Schneider Weisse Mein Grunes

I cannot get enough of this song.


I actually can't get enough of this band.  I'm kicking myself for missing their free show at World Cafe Live last Friday.  Ugh.

***

Tonight's review is actually the beer that got me out of the house late Thursday. It also led to Blog Named Brew kicking ass at Quizzo and taking home a sweet gift certificate to TJ's Everyday -- the site of our Quizzo massacre!

The Schneider Weisse Mein Grunes - advertised as Schneider Edel-Weisse - is an awesome beer...definitely worth putting pants on and venturing out of the house on a school-night for.  It's very drinkable at 6.2% ABV.  It poured a hazy straw color with a thick white head.  A little lacing was left behind as I drank it.  The smell was kind of nutty.  The taste was bananas, creamy and nutty.  Wheat and cloves were also apparent.  It has a good spice and just enough hop.

This is a hefeweizen with character.  And I think it has enough character to make it into my top 25!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment