Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Beer 224: Wandering Aengus Cider

It's happy hour somewhere, isn't it? After hauling my sorry ass out of bed at 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday to put in 24 miles on my bike and then running errands for the rest of the morning, think I deserve a mid afternoon beer...or cider.

The Anthem Cherry cider from Wandering Aengus Ciderworks is a magnificent cider.


It poured a bright and clear ruby color without any head. It smells like white wine, which is throwing me for a loop. Nothing about that color or the fact that it's made from apples would ever hint at such a dominant wine aroma. But there it is. Anthem is a traditional cider fermented on northwest cherries. It is tart -- very tart -- with just enough sweetness to make it delicious and quite easy to drink. There's underlying apple flavor with hints of cherry in the taste. It's super crisp. I love it.

Into the top 35 it goes! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment