Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beer 220: Anderson Valley Boont Amber Ale

Today's beer is the Boont amber ale from Anderson Valley Brewing Company. An interesting tidbit about the brewery is that it is solar powered. I guess when you're calling California home, you could do that sort of thing.


The Boont poured a very deep shade of amber with a thick and fluffy head. It left lots of lacing behind as I made way to the bottom of the glass. It smelled of caramel malts and a little nutty. The taste is full and smooth...lots of caramel malts...a touch of citrus hop bitterness. There was also another flavor in there. It reminded me of earl grey tea. It had a 5.8% ABV.

I really enjoyed this beer. That being said it doesn't make my top 25 but I would put it in my too 50.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment