Breweries "Visited"

Monday, July 16, 2012

Beer 219: Abracadabra Abraxxxas

Today's beer is the Freigeist Abraxxxas from Gasthaus-Brauerei Braustelle. I'm pretty sure I just mumbled and pointed when I tried to order this one. Lucky for me our waitress was on top of her game and understood my intentions.


It poured a hazy shade of orange with a thick white head. It smelled smoky and of tart citrus. The taste was smoke...almost ash-like in flavor. It was also quite tart, mostly lemon. No funky barnyard and hay that I usually find in a favored berliner weisse.

This is definitely a unique beer...quite unlike anything I've tasted so far in this adventure. Big shout out to TJ's in Paoli for putting it on draught. It's a ballsy move and I like it.

I'll leave you with this thought on Freigeist Abraxxxas. It tastes as if a berliner weisse met a rauchbier and magic happened. Abracadabra indeed.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment