Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Heads Up!

Beer #221 La Blanche / Brasserie St. Feuillien, Le Roeulx, Belgium

With today's effort, we're now past the 60% mark on this blog!  Later this week/weekend, I'll do a rundown on who's in the Top 25 so far, biggest surprises, best new finds, and whatever else pops into my head.

Today's beer is the La Blanche from St. Feuillien, a brewery that I can't ever seem to spell.  The beer poured a hazy yellow color in the glass, with a thin white head.  The aroma gives off hints of flowers, citrus, and grass, and the taste has a balance of malt and hops, with banana and wheat, with a bit of spice thrown in as well.  It finishes with a smooth, clean finish.  Another Belgian, another great beer.  I somehow deleted my picture of this beer, so instead you get a picture of a sunset from Jenner, CA, where the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean.  It's just like beer, in the sense that it's beautiful.

If you squint, you can see a beer out there.

This brewery has been in business since 1873, and is named for an Irish monk who was martyred and beheaded while preaching in the area.  Sucks to be you, pal.

Thing to Think About Today:
I suppose a beer with a citrus aroma brewed by a brewery named for a beheaded saint calls for.... what, I guess the Lemonheads?

No comments:

Post a Comment