Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beer 229: Julius Echter Hefe-Weiss

It's late and I've had a long day of being super productive so I could duck out of work early to hit the salon. It takes work to maintain these good looks...I can't risk a bad beer blog paparazzi photo! Oh wait. The beer blog paparazzi only stalk me in my sleep. So yeah...on to the beer.


It is the Julius Echter Hefe-Weiss brewed in Germany by Wurzburger Hofbrau.

It poured a very cloudy straw color with a thin white head. There were lots of bananas and clove in the nose. It smells fantastic. The taste is spicy and fruit ester and it has a creamy mouthfeel. I would really love this beer if the carbonation wasn't so prickly. Overall it is delicious and a great example of a hefeweizen.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment