Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beer 122: Emelisse Imperial Russian Stout


I started my day with a ninja cat assassin stalking me from the ferns in my front garden.  Look closely.


He’s there watching…waiting to pounce.  It was from this vantage point that he whispered, “I’m coming to get you.  Leave the tuna on the front porch and no one gets hurt.”  Then he drew his claw across his throat and pointed at me with a furry cat mitten.

At least once every few weeks, a cat ninja and I scare the bejeezus out of each other.  It’s a fun little game we play.

***

In honor of ninja cat assassins everywhere, I’m drinking an Emelisse Imperial Russian Stout.  For whatever reason, every time I look at this beer in the fridge, I get images of Storm Troopers in my head.  Marci-land is a fun, fun and somewhat strange place.



This imperial Russian stout pours deep opaque brown with a cocoa color head.  It smells of roasted malt and chocolate.  The flavor is amazing.  It starts chocolate syrup, rolls into solid roasted malts and finishes crisp, dry and with just the right amount of hops.  Every few sips it also gives off a sweet cherry aroma, which isn’t noticeable while drinking it.

Overall quite tasty.  Top 25?  Why the hell not!

Cheers!


p.s.  Just in case you were illiterate and didn’t get the drinking-is-bad-when-pregnant message, you get a handy picture warning on the label.  Well done.



No comments:

Post a Comment