Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Beer 133: Paulaner Salvator and What Do You Want to Do With Your Life?

I bought myself this journal almost a year ago.  It lists a question a day  and there is space to write a brief thought on that day for five years in a row.  As I approach a full year of journaling in this very brief way, my eagerness to see how my answers changes throughout the years is definitely growing.

Today's question:  What do you want to say when someone asks, "What do you do?"  Today's answer:  I own my own business.  Now I have 365 days to make that come true.


***

Tonight's beer is the Paulaner Salvator -- reviewed by Gary yesterday.  I seriously cannot get that GIF out of my brain.  Anyway Salvator is a doppel bock.  It poured an unusual color - a light reddish brown shade.  It didn't have a head and was very still in the glass.  The smell was sweet, malt and reminded me of iced tea.  Tea was the first thing I thought of when tasting it.  Maybe that's all mind over matter?  If was very effervescent and finished with just a hint of hoppiness.  It drank with a richness but wasn't heavy.  Overall a nice beer that I wouldn't turn down if I encountered it again.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment