Breweries "Visited"

Monday, April 30, 2012

Beer 142: As Reported from my Death Bed

I suppose getting sick was inevitable given the number of hours I've worked during the past seven weeks and the stress level in my world.  But holy shit.  I feel like I've been hit by an 18-wheeler.  It hurts to type.

Luckily the semi hit and run didn't occur until late last night and Sunday was a pretty fun day.  Afternoon beers at Teresa's and other hijinx.  I tried the oyster stout from Scheldebrouwerij .  It poured a deep, dark brown with a tan head.  The smell was sweet.  Caramel.  The flavor was milk chocolate, a teeny bit saline and a bit caramel.  It did not taste like oysters.  I'm not sure how I feel about that last part.  I kind of like oysters.  Per the brewery's website, the wort is pumped on oyster shells.  I can't even begin to guess what that means.

On that note, I'm going to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment