Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Beer 126: Good Music and Monk's Wit = Success

Secret to my success today?  Awesome music and the thought of good beer.  A sampling of what I was rocking out to today while trying to get prepared for my biggest event of the year included:

Back it Up by Caro Emerald
Darkest Street by Fitz & The Tantrums
Good Things by Aloe Blacc
Hotel Song by Regina Spektor
You’re a Wolf by Sea Wolf

The good beer is up next and will hopefully involve a stop at TJ's in Paoli.  I've pre-reviewed their tap list and have four options from among the 26 available.  Sometimes A Blog Named Brew makes drinking beer a bit challenging. 
 
***
 
While I have a moment, I'm cranking out today's beer review, which comes courtesy of Paramour.  For a hotel bar, I am impressed with the beer selection here.  The tap list changes very regularly and they have a fantastic porch off the bar that is perfect for beer drinking and people watching. 
 
Monk's Wit made it to Wayne (PA) all the way from the Monastery of Christ in the Desert's Abbey Beverage Company in Abiquiu, New Mexico.  Go check out the Monastery's website for more information here -- it is quite an interesting little operation. 
 
It poured a slightly hazy straw color with very little head.  It was very carbonated, which lent a refreshing characteristic to the Monk's Wit.  The scent was strong on oranges.  The flavor started off with lots of citrus, orange, and then the hops took over leading to a more lemon dominant flavor.  My notes also indicate "very bove" -- seriously I need to start sharing my chicken scratch notes with you.  Translating them is half the fun of writing posts!
 
Cheers!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment