Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Second Prize is a Set of Steak Knives

Beer #131  Pietra / Brasserie Pietra, Furiani , France

Today is a day for getting my hustle on, so we'll keep it simple and stick to the facts.  Tonight's is the Pietra from Brasserie Pietra, and comes courtesy of Teresa's Next Door.  Well, maybe courtesy isn't exactly the right word, as I did pay for the beer.  In the pint glass, this lager poured an amber color with no noticeable head.  It gave off a sweet aroma, and had flavors of honey and malt, with a bit of a nutty, earthy taste.  Maybe a little lemon sneaking in there somewhere with some hops.  In all, not a bad beer.  Probably not one I'm going to go out of my way to find again, but worth a try.

I did take a picture of this beer, but I've come to realize that when my battery is low, the camera app switches into 'save energy by taking shitty pictures' mode, so I won't even bother posting that nonsense today.  Marci has also crossed this beer/brewery from her list, and her take on the matter (and a photo!) can be found here.

Thing to Think About Today:
If I'm working hard at work today, then we need to stop and think about this amazing scene from Glengarry Glen Ross, as Alec Baldwin works to motivate the gang in an unusual (and completely not safe for work) way.  I felt a little like Alec today.... confident.  Good at what I do.  Now put that coffee down while you watch this video.  Coffee is for closers ONLY.


"First prize is a Cadillac Eldorado.  Anybody want to see second prize?  Second prize is a set of steak knives.  Third prize is you're fired."

No comments:

Post a Comment