Breweries "Visited"

Monday, April 16, 2012

It's Time to Get Things Started...

Beer #128 Contessa / Birra Amiata, Arcidosso, Italy

I regret to report that I spent this sunny, warm afternoon working on the one thing I hate more than anything else in the world: yard work.  Yes, instead of sipping a beer, reading a book, getting started on some writing, going for a run, taking the dogs for a walk, or seven billion other things, I was cutting the grass.  I know some people enjoy it, although for the life of me I don't understand why.  I end up filthy and covered in bug bites, my allergies start raging, and for what?  Two weeks later, you have to do it all over again.  Seems pointless.  Anyone have a goat they can lend me?  If you think I'm kidding, I'm not.  Goats are the answer.

Washing away the dirt from today's yard work will be the Contessa, a pale ale  from Birra Amiata.  This one came on draft at Teresa's Next Door, and showed off a copper color in the glass.  My first reaction was that it if you closed your eyes, it tasted exactly like a pale ale you'd get from a California brewery.  There are aromas of citrus and pine, and the taste brings you a floral, piney hop bitterness.  Not too bitter though, this one definitely doesn't overpower.  Very tasty beer, nice and mellow.  There's obviously an interesting story behind the name on this beer, and quite frankly it's probably easier for you to just read it here.

Who has two thumbs and loves crappy photos from my phone?
THIS GUY!

Thing to Think About Today:
Clearly, getting out the weed whacker put me into a bit of a bad mood earlier today.  No worries, a little beer and some evening entertainment will fix that.  And tonight, we're watching Jason Segel's 2011 reboot of the Muppets franchise.  Yes, it's a kids movie.  No, I don't care.  Back in the day, the Muppet Show had great music and famous comedians, and was an absolute cornerstone of my childhood.  I mean, I still hear the Swedish Chef in my head every time I read words from European languages.  Therefore, I'll let Statler and Waldorf have the last word today:


It's time to light the lights.....

No comments:

Post a Comment