Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Beer 134: On Dancers and Sam Smith Cider


I took in a little culture today -- the matinee performance of BalletX‘s spring series.  If you haven’t heard of BalletX and live in Philadelphia, please get yourself some tickets to their July performance.  This is not your mother’s ballet.  It’s edgy and innovative and inspirational.  The dancing is athletic, graceful, energizing and, on more than one occasion, moved me to tears.  BalletX is a tiny operation and being a regular patron really makes me feel like I’m part of their family.  Oh and an added bonus, I’ve found some very awesome music as a result of being there.  My second recommendation of the evening, check out Beirut.


The bottle lost its label so I didn't
bother with it for the photo.
And when it’s a rainy day and you’re feeling cultured and slightly Parisian and facing the biggest week of the year, you’re going to want a Samuel Smith Organic Cider.  Or maybe that’s just me.

Sam Smith Cider pours a bright and golden with lots of  bubbles.  No head.  It smells of slightly boozy apples.  The flavor is light , tart and slightly sweet but not overly sweet.  (I’m looking at you, Woodchuck Cider!)  It finishes crisp and dry and begs you to take another sip.  This is one of my go-to beverages for fall football tailgates.  Among other favorites from Samuel Smith are the Nut Brown Ale, Oatmeal Stout and the Taddy Porter.

Plus it’s organic for Earth Day!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment