Breweries "Visited"

Monday, April 2, 2012

Beer 114: Old Forge Endless Summer Ale

It is 10pm on a Monday night.  Let's face facts -- no one is reading this.  And if I don't get my shit together at some point tomorrow morning, we are going to have a week full of 10pm-and-no-one-is-reading-this posts.

***

Tonight I'm drinking an Old Forge Endless Summer Ale.  It pours a deep golden straw color with a very weak head.  It has a general beer smell - nothing notable.  It drinks with a mellowness but ends with a surprising amount of hop flavor.  There is a lot of wheat or grain flavor to this one. I don't know if it was the color of the packaging for the Endless Summer Ale, but I really wanted it to have a lemon zing to it.  No lemon zing.  Boo.

Having been totally underwhelmed by this beer, I checked out what the reviewers at beeradvocate.com had to say.  Not nice.

Gary reviewed another Old Forge offering here.  Also not nice. Plus I'm confused by the Old Forge in Danville thing.  If you are at all familiar with Pennsylvania geography, this will be perplexing.  Named for one city nowhere near the city of origin.  /scratches head

And on that surly note, I'm going to bed.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment